KNOW ME!

My photo
Santa Ana, El Salvador
I´m angry but i can get along with you jeje The best description about me can be given just by my friends the persons who know me very well!!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Heva yuo eevr flet uot fo palec ¿

Hello everybody today was my last practice. How do I feel? HAPPY!!!! However I´m worried about my grades because I don´t have good ones. That is something that make me feel down because even the big effort I do while planning the activities I already know that I´ll get a 7!!!! In the feedback the tutor tells me she liked the activities I performed, and she tells me good things and there are a few negative things about my class but the grades she assigned to me don´t reflect that she really liked my activities; they reflect, for me, that I didn´t perform so good as my tutor said!!!
For today I was assigned to do like a mix of activities they were some related but not at all.  The first activities were for reviewing the “passive voice” The second ones were just for a listening.

Warm up
I brought a dice with some categories (family members, types of music, a math operation, etc) and a balloon. The students made a circle and pass both in opposite sides, I played some music and when it stopped the person with the dice roll it and the person who had the balloon said five things according to the category in the dice.
How do you feel??
The students chose a feeling and read a sentence, about some facts of some countries, with the feeling. The group had to guess the name of the country and the feeling.
Decoding sentences
The students went to the charts pasted on the wall and try to decode the sentences. Then they mingle and share their answers. The title of my post is one example of this exercise!
Listening exercise
The students listened about a man who walked without shoes (barefoot). Before the listening I asked them if they have ever walked barefoot, if they would like to do it, how it would feel like.
I played the track again and during the listening they wrote down some information that was asked on their student books.
After the listening I had planned to make a cocktail party so the students could talk about any experience about walks they had had. But, as always I haven´t learned to deal with the time! And it was over so I couldn´t perform this activities and just asked them about the things they remember from the listening.
About the class I liked the decoding exercise as it was new for the students they show more interest on trying to do it.
I didn´t like the way I felt! Maybe because of the camera, maybe not but I was more nervous than the previous time, I EVEN FELT OUT OF PLACE!!!!!!  I FELT LOST, I FELT AS IF WHAT I WAS DOING WAS NOT WHAT I HAD TO DO!!!

If I would teach this lesson again I would try to overcome the time and sleep better before going to teach and change some activities to pay more attention to the listening part.
The materials I used: dice, balloon, charts, and pieces of paper, a box, markers, board, CD, tape recorder, masking type, flashcards about feelings, a camera, a color paper ball and the book.
What I didn´t like through the practices is that I didn´t get any grade on time so I didn´t know if should I improve my grammar my fluency or the classroom management. 
Also, I didn´t like that almost all the teachers assigned like 7 or 8 for the audio visual aids. Why? should we bring a projector each time of teaching to get a 9? Charts, tape recorder, color sheet of papers and dice, etc are audio visual aids, too!!!!!!!
The objectives were reached for the first activities about the passive voice but not for the listening exercise.

THANKS GOD I FINISHED THIS!!!!!

6 comments:

Ockap Lemyc said...

Hello my friend!! I know that you have had some problems during this las period because of the grades you were receiving, but let me tell you that a number does not describes us as persons. Now that you finished feel proud of yourself because you know that you gave your best in every class, and that is the only thing you must think about. Excellent, continue like that always...

WH173 4N631L said...

:D thanks fidanzato!!

Raúl Vega said...

I enjoyed your class (I recorded it) and I think it was nice because you were not too nervous though I was with the camera following every move. I liked it.

cemelendez said...

Zuleyma,

I agree with Oscar's comment. I know that you work hard in order to get a good grade, but it is not always the case. The most important thing is that you knwo that you are learning a lot as a teacher and now you are not afraid to stand in front of a group and teach a class. I can see your improvement and just hope you continue doing a good role as a professional.

Teacher Yenni said...

I like the activities you made. I think they are very creative. You see, the practice is over and you have learned a lot. That´s the objective.

WH173 4N631L said...

Yes, teacher you are right but you know as students sometimes we care more about our grades!! However i think the most important is the experience. mmm I´m not so agree when you say that i´m not afraid to stand in front of a group and teach a class, i think i have to learn more on how to overcome that fear since sometimes the nerves betray me jejeje!!


Thanks Raul because you help me video taping my class, i really apreciate that!!!I owe you a blind banana!!

Thanks teacher Gallina for commenting my post!! hehehehe