KNOW ME!

My photo
Santa Ana, El Salvador
I´m angry but i can get along with you jeje The best description about me can be given just by my friends the persons who know me very well!!

Friday, February 11, 2011

NEXT TIME WAS BETTER!





Hi everybody let me tell you about my second time =D it was better because since the very beginning i mean the warm up ( a whispering game) the students started to pay attention to what we would do. I guess they enjoyed the activity. However i have a little bit of difficult with one group, i diveded the class into two groups, i saw the same in the previous class that they want and really like to participate but this part of the class doesn´t get very well the instructions. The thing was they had to pass a message with 3 lines about the simple present and the last student of the line forgot the message and he read it like five times while the other group was almost reaching the board to write the message!!!! The other group finished and the message in the other group had not advanced from  the third person on line and they were 10 students!!!! So the other group won!!! ....Well, at that moment I didn´t like that point because i felt as if i didn´t explain well!! :´( ... To improve this activity i was thinking on give the message in a written form to the last student of each line so they can see to the message as many time as they want.
But latter on the students work in groups of 4 with a conversation; i gave them some pieces of paper with the conversation on it and they listened it from the play recorder, the first time. The second time they ordered it, third time they checked it. Finally i asked some of them to read the correct conversation....they are too fast!!!! To continue with my great experience the students were given a photocopy about "family tree", they analyzed the map and completed some sentences, then they were asked to draw their family tree on a separate sheet of paper when they finished they played "snowball fight" - they trew the balls to someone else and after some time they picked up one ball and work with a partner to analyzed the family tree they got. I noticed this activity like them most and they were talking in a 90% of english!!!! = D

well i think i achieved not the whole objectives but part of them since the teacher had not started to work with the lesson plan (what i did was like activities to introduce the topics; that was what the teacher requested to me ) one of these objectives were "the swbat to understand the simple present in the affirmative form" and "the swbat to talk about their family" so as you could see my activities were according to the objectives.

Well i think time passes flying jejeje because i couldn´t develop more than 3 activities!..But i´m sure the students got it because every activity were TPR activities and as student i can say we don´t like being sitting and writting all the time.

My feed back!!! As i have been telling you it was better. The teacher really like my activities and the way i monitored the students´work also my interaction with the students! But the only thing that i have to improve and i have noticed, too is "my accent" jejeje i have to sound as a "gringa" when talking but i don´t know how =´( can you give me some pieces of advices, please???? C(=


4 comments:

Sonia Maria Zavaleta Mancia said...

chikitina im glad you achieved your objectives. =)You´re not a native speaker, therefore, you don´t have to sound like a gringa,aussie nor a brit!!! i mean, do not worry, keep your accent and speak normal and just try to pay attention to the fluency, grammar, etc.. same thing has been said to me but i just try to pay attention to what i mentioned before and all what really matters is that people understand you =) ....... just relax !!! tqm xx

Sarai Vega said...

Zuly jiji I dont have exactly a piece of advice for you, but I know that the time and all the experience you are getting right now will teach even more. I know you are a dynamic teacher in the class and that is good I would like to have so many activities as you have jajajaj
And you see we have good things and bad things all of them are completely different but they have the same purpose: Improve our life jijiji
congrats for you and never give up (:

Anonymous said...

Hi Zuly!! I am so glad for you because you describe a nice class and the best part your students learned playing and having fun, and in my opinion about your accent is that we do not sound like "gringos" because we are not native speaker even we can improve it with practice. =D

Raúl Vega said...

I imagine your class very dynamic. That's excellent. I need to learn more activities to use in my classes :-p. Sometimes,we have unexpected situations and that's where we have to use our creativity to deal with that.