KNOW ME!

My photo
Santa Ana, El Salvador
I´m angry but i can get along with you jeje The best description about me can be given just by my friends the persons who know me very well!!

Friday, February 4, 2011

My first experience.

My first esxperience with the students was really really nice because they really like to participate and they understand the topic. Also they like to ask when they don`t understand something....
However, as we are in the process of being good teachers the feedback I recived is very important in my process. I had a little bit of problem with the instructions I gave because some of the students didn`t understand at the first time but I explained them by showing them how to do it.

4 comments:

Ockap Lemyc said...

Heyyyy!!!! I´m glad to know that it was a good experience for you friend. For what I read in your entry you enjoyed it a lot :-)... Talking about the part that did not go well, I want to tell you that sometimes students do not understand at the first time, and that you do not have to feel bad about it. Also remember that they are in the Basic level and at that level they could not have enough English to associate ideas. At the end you did the best you could, and that is something to be proud about, CONGRATS!!!!
Working with people you should never forget this: "Tell me, and I will forget.
Show me, and I will remember.
Let me, and I will learn."

Good Job!

cemelendez said...

Zuleyma,

It is ok if students do not understand the directions at the beginning. I agree with Oscar,Remember that at this level, you have to show them what they have do instead of just telling them. Every week you will improve your teaching skills and becvome a great teacher.

Congrats!!

Little Angel said...

hello my dear friend!! i think that what you did in order to make the directions clear was good because if the students don´t understand just by listening to what you are saying, it is better to give an example and show them how they are going to perform the task. i know you are going to do better in your next class. =)

Sonia Maria Zavaleta Mancia said...

Olizz!!! im happy to hear that you felt very confortable whilst giving the class :)!!! i think it is normal to make mistakes, same happened to me !!!