KNOW ME!

My photo
Santa Ana, El Salvador
I´m angry but i can get along with you jeje The best description about me can be given just by my friends the persons who know me very well!!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

TEACHER! WHAT´S NEXT???


Hello everybody. Today I taught for second time. I was assigned to do some parts of the textbook.
I arrived early to organize the classroom and to write my agenda on the board. I had never tried to write on the board what I would do during the class but today I did it and I noticed it is very useful because you can go checking what you are doing and also students get interested about what´s next. 
  • OBJECTIVE:  SWBAT talk about sleeping problems in a short role-play.
  • I started with the warm up, it was for making partners. Then they worked with their partners in a personal quiz about sleeping problems. 
  • Next activity was a speaking one. For this activity I asked them to stand up and make two lines; one along the board and the other along the wall so they were facing each other. They had to ask, to the person who was in front of them, some questions from the book but they had to shout out because everybody would be doing the same and also because of the music at the background they would not be able to listen. At the beginning they felt ashamed of being screaming but then because they couldn´t listen they started shouting and it was good because that meant they were interested to know about each other personal activities.
  • Then, I asked them to read from the book, about sleeping problems , in five minutes. After, I asked each student to give me a number from 1 to 15. This was to make new partners. The even numbers look for another even number and get together, for example number 2 and number 4 and so on. And the odd numbers did the same but with the odd numbers, for example number 1 with number 3 and so on. Because the reading had 4 paragraphs they had to make a short role play about one paragraph and for that I asked them to take  a piece of paper in which were numbers from 1 to 4. (the paragraph numbers) I gave them 5 minutes to be prepared.
  • And, finally they performed the role play without saying  the sleeping problems so the others should guess them.
  • FEEDBACK: The teacher told me everything was interesting; the way to make pairs, the warm up, etc. She liked that I used the book but I fit different activities, too. She gave me some tips to work with reading and next time I will work with PDP in a reading exercise. 
  • GRADE: Even everything was ok I won´t get such a great grade!
  • SOS: I know I need to improve my fluency because sometimes I would like to continue talking but suddenly I stop jejeje and I would like you give me some pieces of advices!
 

4 comments:

Sarai Vega said...

Good and congratulations for your hard work Zuly, eyyyyy you have a nice blog Jajaj I like it ja but about the class jjij I know that the pratice will make you improve about those areas that you feel are not so good but you will see that later on that will be a piece of cake for you. God luck for next class.... take care girl

cemelendez said...

Zuleima,

I liked your warm up. I think it was a good way to start the class for the students if they were feeling tired or sleepy.

For your fluency, you have to practice speaking English with your classmates all the tiem. This wil give you a lot of practice and they can help you with your grammar mistakes as well.Do not feel ashamed if other people listen to you speaking English, this is a good way you can improve your fluency.

Sonia Maria Zavaleta Mancia said...

Chikitina, do not worry about ur fluency, u dont have to be ashamed because it happens to me and everybody, u have to practice a lot so that u will be improving this area little by little, remember that perseverance beats talent and i am pretty sure u have the capacity to overcome the difficulties u may have. Just relax and believe in urself and your skills!! I also wanted to thank you for this years we have been classmates, there are lots of valuable memories!!! and i just wish you the best, i will miss you but im sure we are gonna keep ourselves updated through facebook ;)..God bless u

WH173 4N631L said...

Thanks for your comments! I´ll try to follow your advice ☺ Thanks Sarai 4 your comment about my blog, now that i have internet i get lots of time working on it!!